Volunteering can be a great way to build work and people skills, have fun, and meet new friends.
At Victoria Hospital, we provide opportunities for youth ages 16 and 17 to volunteer with other youth on either Saturday’s or Sunday’s. Junior volunteer’s help with Wayfinding, Gift Shop, Admin Support, and Popcorn Day.
If you are 16 or 17, we would be happy to talk to you about volunteer opportunities at Victoria.
You have so much to give…
By volunteering at Victoria Hospital, you can:
- Make people who may be feeling lonely or stressed more comfortable
- Share a smile and friendly conversation with our patients and visitors (it’s very much appreciated!)
- Help our busy staff get their work done
…And so much to gain
Through volunteering, you can:
- Know that your efforts make a positive difference to the experience of our patients and their families
- Help make your community a better place
- Learn work skills and build your resume
- Get a sense of what it is like to work in a healthcare environment and see many different job possibilities
- Make new friends
- Have fun
What we ask of you
- You come for an interview to discuss your interests, skills and what opportunities we have to offer
- You commit to a schedule that we agree upon together
- You respect the confidentiality of our patients
- You can work independently as well as with others
- Be respectful of others
Interested? Apply today! You can apply online.