Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Victoria General Hospital.
In order to join our team, volunteers must be prepared to commit to at least three (3) months of volunteer service and be a minimum of 16 years of age.
What to expect when you apply to become a Victoria General Hospital Volunteer:
- Applying to volunteer is much like applying for a job. We take many factors into consideration before accepting volunteers to assist with Victoria General Hospital programs. Because we take our responsibility for those in our care seriously, we have a screening process for all applicants, based on your application, references, and interview. Completing your application as thoroughly as possible will help us assess your volunteer interests with our needs in a healthcare environment.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must complete the Volunteer Application Form and a Parental/Guardian Consent form. Both forms can be found online or by calling our office at 204-477-3347.
- A Volunteer Services staff member will call you to arrange a date and time for an interview. You may not receive this call for up to six (6) months. At the time of the interview, you will be asked to bring three (3) references (names and phone numbers). If you are under 18 years of age, you must also bring a completed Parent/Guardian consent form.
- The interview is an opportunity for us to find out more about you and for you to ask any questions you may have about volunteering at Victoria General Hospital. We will discuss placements based on your interests and our program needs.
- We will also discuss expectations of volunteers and the importance of confidentiality.
- After your interview, a Volunteer Services staff member will contact your references.
- If a successful match is made between your skills and abilities and an available position, Volunteer Services staff will offer you a volunteer position. If you decide to accept the offer, a start date will be determined and orientation arranged.
- If you are a student receiving credit hours for your volunteer service, it is your responsibility to monitor your hours to ensure you are meeting your school’s requirements.
- You will be expected to complete a general orientation that will last approximately 2 hours and will cover all the information you will need to know in order to begin volunteering. At this time, you will also be provided with a ID Badge and uniform. You will also receive specific training for your volunteer position.
- You are now ready to being volunteering!
Volunteers Over 18
As you are 18 years of age or older, please apply using one of the methods listed below.
Applying online is easy! Click to get started Volunteer Application Form
Before proceeding, please read the following disclaimer:
All information on this Volunteer Application Form whether submitted online or in paper directly to Victoria General Hospital will be entered to a website owned by Volgistics, Inc. and not Victoria General Hospital or the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA).
Volgistics is a third party contracted to manage and store all information on volunteers collected by Victoria General Hospital, including, but not limited to: this application, personal information, volunteer assignments, service hours, awards, etc. Volgistics currently stores this information on servers located outside of Canada. This information will be subject to the laws of the country where it is kept.
Mail / Fax
Please call Volunteer Services at 204-477-3347 to request a copy of our application to be mailed to you.