The Guild of the Victoria General Hospital Inc. is a registered charity which raises money to enhance patient care and services.
Each year, the volunteer Guild turns over approximately $100,000 to the hospital (now part of South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services) towards a variety of healthcare services and equipment. This money is raised by volunteers through the Gift Shop and other special events such as raffles and book sales. Over the past 45 years, the Guild has donated more than $4 million.
The Board of the Guild, which administers these donations, is made up of elected volunteers. Many take on Board and committee duties in addition to actively volunteering in the hospital.
All adult volunteers are automatically members of the Guild which means they can vote at the annual general meeting and be elected to Board positions.
Examples of recent projects partially or fully funded by the Guild
- Specialized physiotherapy equipment for Geriatric Rehabilitation patients
- Staxi Medical Chairs for use by patients
- Pembina Highway digital hospital sign
- 30 sets of patient furnishings on 4th floor of the hospital
- Miracle Garden located at the front of the hospital
- View our latest newsletter
- Guild Board meetings are held September to June on the third Monday of the month.
- The Used Book Sale is held on the last Wednesday of the month on the ground level of the hospital near the cafeteria
- June: Annual volunteer recognition dinner and Guild general meeting.
***CURRENTLY ON HOLD DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS***
Be sure to visit our bright well-stocked Gift Shop located near the front entrance of the hospital. You’ll feel good knowing that all proceeds from the Gift Shop are used to enhance patient care and services.
You can order gifts, balloons, flowers, etc. to be delivered within the hospital. Place your order in person, or by telephone at 204-477-3350. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
The Gift Shop carries a wide selection of merchandise at great prices:
- Cold drinks and snacks
- Used pocket books
- Fresh flowers
- Greeting cards
- Plush toys including Beanie Babies, Boos and Classics
- Lug bags and accessories
- Women’s clothing, accessories, and jewellery, including many Fair Trade items
Hours of Operation:
Temporarily closed for in-person sales. Curbside pick-up available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to replace your order or for more information.
Prize of the Month Raffle.