Visiting a Patient
General visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Visitors are welcome at the Victoria Hospital, but we ask that the following guidelines be respected for your well-being and that of the other patients:
- no more than two visitors with a patient at a time
- masks continue to be required upon entry to the hospital
- care teams will continue to provide guidance for any additional personal protective equipment (PPE) required
- physical distancing between patients and visitors is encouraged
- please refrain from eating or drinking on the unit/care areas
- visitors bringing in food or beverages should speak to a nurse before offering it to the patient
- if you have a cough, fever, runny nose, diarrhea or another contagious disease, please do not visit.
- VH promotes a scent-free environment in response to health concerns. Some people have reactions to chemicals in scented products. Your cooperation in our efforts to accommodate them is appreciated.
Please understand that we may need to interrupt a visit to provide care to the patient.
To prevent the spread of infection, general visitation is restricted on units experiencing a respiratory outbreak. Therefore, visitation on any unit is subject to sudden cancellation when an outbreak is declared.
Flower / Balloon Bouquets
Many patients welcome the arrival of flowers, yet they are not permitted in some areas of the hospital. Please check with unit staff before sending or bringing flowers to a patient.
Latex allergies and sensitivities are a concern for many which has prompted Victoria Hospital to create a ‘latex-safe’ environment for our patients and staff. Therefore, we do not permit latex balloon bouquets in the facility. Only balloons made of mylar are welcome.
During Your Visit
Visitors: Please Wash Your Hands Before and After Visiting.
Respecting Privacy and Comfort: When you come to visit a patient at Victoria Hospital, you may see or hear things related to other patients. Please respect everyone’s right to privacy. Remember that people’s private information is confidential by law. do not discuss what you see and hear in the hospital.
Visitor Lounges/Waiting Areas: Lounges and waiting areas are provided for patients and visitors at various locations throughout the Hospital. Ask your nurse to assist you or your family in locating the lounge closest to the unit you are visiting.
Other visiting / waiting areas:
- Cafeteria: The hospital’s cafeteria, located on the ground floor, is open for food service 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Miracle Garden: Located outside the hospital’s Oncology Clinic, the Miracle Garden is open year round.