About the Guild
The Guild of the Victoria General Hospital Inc. is a registered charity which raises money to enhance patient care and services.
Each year, the volunteer Guild turns over approximately $100,000 to the hospital (now part of South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services) towards a variety of healthcare services and equipment. This money is raised by volunteers through the Gift Shop and other special events such as raffles and book sales. Over the past 40 years, the Guild has donated more than $3.7 million.
The Board of the Guild, which administers these donations, is made up of elected volunteers. Many take on Board and committee duties in addition to actively volunteering in the hospital.
All adult volunteers are automatically members of the Guild which means they can vote at the annual general meeting and be elected to Board positions.
Examples of recent projects partially or fully funded by the Guild
- Renovation of kitchen in day surgery department where food is prepared for patients recovering from surgery.
- Intensive Care Unit bariatric ceiling lifts
- Staxi Medical Chairs for use by patients
- Pembina Highway digital hospital sign
- Computer Training Lab for medical and administrative hospital staff
- Miracle Garden at front of hospital
News & Events
To view the Guild newsletter, click here.
- Guild Board meetings are held September to June on the third Monday of the month.
- The Used Book Sale is held on the last Wednesday of the month on the ground level of the hospital near the cafeteria
- June: Annual volunteer recognition dinner and Guild general meeting.
Be sure to visit our bright well-stocked Gift Shop located near the front entrance of the hospital. You’ll feel good knowing that all proceeds from the Gift Shop are used to enhance patient care and services.
You can order gifts, balloons, flowers, etc. to be delivered within the hospital. Place your order in person, or by telephone at 204-477-3350. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
The Gift Shop carries a wide selection of merchandise at great prices:
- Cold drinks and snacks
- Magazines and used pocket books
- Fresh flowers
- Greeting cards
- Plush toys including Beanie Babies, Boos and Classics
- Lug bags and accessories
- Women’s clothing, accessories, and jewellery, including many Fair Trade items
Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Thursday 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Prize of the Month raffle
In the Gift Shop, purchase a ticket for just $1.00 for a chance at the Prize of the Month.