South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services (SWIHSS) is the geographical partnership of Victoria General Hospital (VGH), WRHA Community Health Services and the Department of Families, Government of Manitoba. There are three community offices located at 2735 Pembina Highway, 1001 Corydon and Access Fort Garry.
Geographic integration within South Winnipeg is intended to strengthen linkages between VGH and the River Heights/Fort Garry community; the purpose of these stronger links is to better organize how services are delivered to ensure patients receive the right care, in the right place at the right time. Integrating in this manner has many advantages, including:
- Better integration of clinical services
- Elimination of duplication of services and functions
- Provision of more care in the community
- Improved support for the chronically ill and aging population
- Improved patient flow, including reducing length of stay
- Funding aligned in the best interests of patients